Here’s something I found quickly regards the spraying because somebody thinks I’m nuts and it isn’t true
Well here is your government documents to prove it is true
US CODE, TITLE 50, CHAPTER 32
§1520 & 1524
Chemical and Biological Warfare
§ 1520. Use of human subjects for testing of chemical or biological agents by Department of Defense; accounting to to congressional committees with respect to experiments and studies; notification of local civilian officials
(a) Not later than thirty days after final approval within the Department of Defense of plans for any experiment or study to be conducted by the Department of Defense, whether directly or under contract, involving the use of human subjects for the testing of chemical or biological agents, the Secretary of Defense shall supply the Committees on Armed Services of the Senate and House of Representatives with a full accounting of such plans for such experiment or study, and such experiment or study may then be conducted only after the expiration of the thirty-day period beginning on the date such accounting is received by such committees.
(b)(1) The Secretary of Defense may not conduct any test or experiment involving the use of any chemical or biological agent on civilian populations unless local civilian officials in the area in which the test or experiment is to be conducted are notified in advance of such test or experiment, and such test or experiment may then be conducted only after the expiration of the thirty-day period beginning on the date of such notification.
(2) Paragraph (1) shall apply to tests and experiments conducted by Department of Defense personnel and tests and experiments conducted on behalf of the Department of Defense by contractors.
§1524. Agreements to provide support to vaccination programs of Department of Health and Human Services.
(a) Agreements authorized. The Secretary of Defense may enter into agreements with the Secretary of Health and Human Services to provide support for vaccination programs of the Secretary of Health and Human Services in the United States through use of the excess peacetime biological weapons defense capability of the Department of Defense.
Changes made to title 50 in April, 2000
§1520a. Restrictions on the use of human subjects for testing of chemical or biological agents.
(a) Prohibited activities
The Secretary of Defense may not conduct (directly or by contract)—
(1) any test or experiment involving the use of a chemical agent or biological agent on a civilian population/ or
(2) any other testing of a chemical agent or biological agent on human subjects.
Subject to subsections (c),(d), and (e) of this section, the prohibition in subsection (a)
of this section does not apply to a test or experiment carried out for any of the following purposes.
(1) Any peaceful purpose that is related to a medical, therapeutic, pharmaceutical, agricultural, industrial, or research activity.
(2) Any purpose that is directly related protection against toxic chemicals or biological weapons and agents.
(3) Any law enforcement purpose, including any purpose related to riot control.
Full text is here on government website
and the government website if you want to find out more
There you see even the 2000 changes have exceptions that make everything still legal.
Also with this code in place you can guarantee the practice went on after it was challenged in the 1970s
Take me seriously now?